Sunday, November 1, 2015

Remember when you had to go the the Chiropractor to help your tight sore muscles...



The days of going to the chiropractor are a thing of the past! My husband and I both get tight, aching, sore muscles all over from years of doing our jobs. Even as a nurse, I unfortunately did not use ergonomics all the time to decrease the risk of getting back pain; there were times when there wasn't anyone available to assist me in positioning a patient, or lifting and moving someone and the result was waking up to a stiff neck, shoulders, and back. I would have to drive to the next town and sit at the chiropractor and wait however long to be seen (you couldn't make an appointment, it was a walk-in only) and what choice did I have but to wait? I couldn't function when this was going on.


The SantaMedical Electronic Pulse Massager brings the same level of relief that you would get at the chiropractor. It comes with everything needed to start using right out of the box. It takes 4 AAA batteries (also included) and comes with 4 reusable electrodes and two lead wires that you plug the electrodes into. 


The device can look a little intimidating but I assure you, it is very easy to operate. After plugging the lead wires into the device, you simply turn the dials on each side of the device that are located below the LCD screen. This brings up a "P" symbol inside the middle box on the LCD screen. See picture below:


As you can see only one dial is turned on because you don't have to use both sets of lead wires and electrodes. After turning it on, you can select an auto mode function or can manually adjust the setting to what you would like. Using the auto mode function is simply selecting one of the blue buttons that are labeled with what location you have the electrodes on such as: Neck, Shoulder, Joint, Hand-Leg, and Sole. The blue button in the middle on the second row is for repeating the 15 minute cycle after it is done. Once you select a location button it immediately starts the 15 minute cycle.


To adjust the intensity you just roll the dials that I mentioned are located below the LCD screen. If you are using both sets of lead wires and electrodes, you adjust both to get the intensity to the desired level you want for where they are at. After completing that, you can also adjust the speed of the pulses by pushing either the speed + or speed - buttons located below the blue auto mode buttons. Finally you can change what type of massage you get by selecting one of the three blue buttons at the bottom of the device. You can select the massage, beat, or knead buttons and it creates a different kind of pulse. I have included my video review below so you can see how it works. I used it on my husband's back and you can see the muscle response to the pulses. 



If you would like to find out more information about the SantaMedical Tens unit, simply click  on the hashtag #Tensunit and you will be taken to their product page on Amazon.com!

Disclaimer:  I did receive this product at a discounted rate for my honest and unbiased review. I appreciate the opportunity given to test this product so I can help other buyers and help sellers know if there might be issues, if any, with their products!





No comments:

Post a Comment