Sunday, November 8, 2015

As we get older...

With being a nurse, I have put my body through torture, I was educated on using proper body mechanics and ergonomics. Even with all the education and hands-on training that a nurse receive and how hard they try to protect their bodies from injuries, it happens...you get busy, your co-workers get busy, and you think to yourself, what will it really hurt to just do this yourself. That was me time and unfortunately time again. I would have a million and one things to do and so would the other nurses I worked with.

I eventually started having worsening lower back pain and would just ignore it and continue to work through the pain. Now here I am years later wondering why I didn't try to be more careful. If I sit in one position too long and go to move, I feel the pain in my hips and lower back. I could take stock in the Tylenol and Ibuprofen companies to get some of my money back! I have been to Chiropractors, taken OTC pain relievers around the clock, tried the heating pad, and once even had to see a neurosurgeon.

I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease (DDD), which in summary means the cushion between my discs in my back are wearing down. Not just because of being a nurse but also because of the day to day slouching, bending, and twisting of my back...pretty much not taking proper care of my spine. When my back would begin to hurt, I would try to avoid moving a certain way to avoid the pain and of course this created different problems.

So now her I am at 35 years old and feel like I'm 80. I make noises with every movement I do. I wanted to find something that would help my aches and pains without putting a bunch of medicine into my body or that would restrict being able to do the things I need to do. So when I was given the chance to try a product that was completely natural and was supposed to help with joint aches and pains, I, not literally, jumped at the chance to try it. I mean, really, I have tried pretty much everything else, so why not try it as well. Drum roll please....



I received the full sized sample of Joint Right and couldn't wait to give it a try. The Joint Right pain relieving cream contains a Cox2 inhibitor. What is this exactly? Glad you asked, it is an Cox2 is a specific enzyme that causes inflammation, pain, and even fever. So the inhibitor in turns stops that enzyme from working, thus reducing inflammation, pain, and fever. This, of course, made me even more hopeful that I would finally get some relief from the pain that I have been dealing with all this time. It is easy to apply, per the instructions, you put two pumps of the cream into your hand and rub it into the affected area and this can be applied up to six times a day.

It is a white cream and it has a smell of a mixture of menthol and alcohol but is not strong or lingering. It goes on easily and doesn't leave a greasy feel to the skin. You can immediately feel the cooling effect of the menthol. At first I didn't really think it worked because I was expecting the extreme instant after-effect like other products where your back feels extremely ice cold then turns to the immense burning sensation, this did not happen with the Joint Right. Instead after about 15 minutes, I noticed I was moving with more ease and didn't have the constant ache and twinges my back and hips make. When I got up from my recliner, it happened without the usual under my breathe ugh sound I had been accustomed to making. I finally found...relief. Wow, it was a taboo word to me, I had thought I found it before and had come close to it many times, only to be let down.













I have now made this part of my morning and bedtime routine. I can move easier in the morning and at night I am able to relax and fall asleep! If you would like to learn more about #JointRight simply click on the aforementioned hashtag and it will take you to their website! If you have Amazon Prime it is also available with free shipping through their product page HERE!

So what are you waiting for! Find some relief for yourself!!! If you go to their website through the hashtag, you can get 15% off on this or even one of their other Vita Science Products by using code "save15"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment